Previous 3 posts were on things that were permanently free in London.
Each season there’s free events all across London. From Christmas Markets in winter to the large collection of music and family fun festivals in summer. Here are a few on in 2011 (due to funding, they do not always continue from one year to the next, eg Carnaval del Pueblo is cancelled this year, but will be on again next year in 2012 – a great latin american festival in Elephant and Castle ):
- The boat race – You can’t miss seeing Oxford vs Cambridge in a long-established traditional race along the Thames!
- Victoria Park Family Fun day – last year I got to see jazz great Wynton Marsalis at this awesome event.
- Gospel Music festival in Hyde Park – part of the Love Parks festival in London 2011. Last year they had a world music festival in Hyde Park.
- View London – you can search under ‘free events’ for free stuff
- Time Out London – great online resource without having to get the magazine.
- London Town – has a free London link on the front of their home page, just scroll down.