Continued from Part 2…
There are a lot of free music and other events on in London, here are just a couple of regulars:
- Barbican Centre – often have free lunch time concerts and during festivals on the weekends
- Ain’t Nothing But – small cosy blues bar in central london (Soho), you have to get in early to get a seat!
- Guanabara – during the week they have live bands and have free entry before 9pm (generally). They also offer free Samba classes on certain nights.
- Ronnie Scotts – legendary Jazz bar in Soho, central London. Free before 9pm on Wednesday nights for the late night Jam session (starts about 10:30-3:30am). Awesome.
- Watching the awesome roller skaters and roller bladers in front of the Serpentine at Hyde Park on a Sunday afternoon. Boombox out and they disco on their skates like it was 1979.
6. Tube Station Art
Around London, there is a lot of free art to be seen, especially around different tube stations. Of note are:
- Tottenham Court Road (Central Line – Red)- arty mosaics cover the inside of this tube station
- Leytonstone (Central Line – Red) – mosaics from Hitchcock’s movies line the pedestrian tunnel in and out of this station. This is where Hitchcock grew up so the mosaics pay homage to the great director.
- Charing Cross (Northern Line – Black)- has murals along the Northern Line platform of the construction of the station.
- Clapham North (Northern Line – black) and St John’s Wood (Jubilee Line – grey) – have interesting lamps lining the escalators. It’s cool!!
Pingback: Free London – Free things to do in london, Part 2 | Travel Bunny's Blog
Hello, how’s it going, saw on likedin you changed jobs. Thought I’d have a quick look……..
In blog 2 did you mean Hampstead heath?
http://www.soane.org/ Museum that’s a bit quirky, most londoners don’t even know it’s there
More groupon type deals
http://livingsocial.com/deals/68145-turkish-meal-for-two-with-glass-of-prosecco-each – also has 365 things to do in london
maybe when i have a bit more time i’ll think of some other stuff
Hey Phil!!! Great to hear from you. Thanks for the ideas and also – thanks for the pickup on Hampstead Heath. I’ve corrected it now! Thanks a lot! Yes, I use LivingSocial too and am subscribed! I bet you and Helen use that a lot.
Thanks again and yes, please do visit again – you know more about London than me! 🙂