Travel Bunny has transformed into Travel “Snow” Bunny for a few days.
Experiencing the snow season in Australia for the first time in a few years and staying at the The Point in Jindabyne, which is a holiday home for rent.
Overall conclusion: definitely recommended if you can split the cost among maximum of 12. Great place to stay and come back to after a day of skiing.
Important to note:
– Location is at Tyrolean village, outside of Jindabyne town centre – you will reach it before the town if you are coming from Cooma. Approximately a 5-10 minute drive to the town. It’s about 20-30 minutes from the Perisher Ski Tube
– Easiest accessed by car to get to and from the ski fields and also to/from your home.
– There is only one room of 3 single bedding configuration
– Kitchen knives are not adequately sharp for cooking
– Oil, salt and pepper not supplied (unless left by previous lodgers).
– Limited toilet paper supplied.
– Sauna is infra-red.
– No wi-fi internet access, however has ethernet points in some rooms.
– Location is good if you want to be out of the town centre and in a quiet area with a great view of the lake.
– The house is spacious with 2 dining areas, 2 comfortable lounge areas and all the modern conveniences.
– View of the lake and house design is spectacular
– Has outdoor BBQ and seating area + 5 cooker gas stove and oven in great open plan kitchen
– Has a drying room set up perfect for ski season
– Fireplace with wood supplied is a treat
– House is fully heated, perfect in winter.
– Master bedroom is fabulous with a spectacular view and spa bath with a view.
– While you can sleep 12, best if people know each other and are willing to share beds. There is:
- 1 x master bed (best room)
- 1 x double bed + single with ensuite (next to Master bedroom, second best room)
- 1 x 3 single bed configuration (2 beds are next to each other)
- 1 x double bed room
- 1 x small room (like a study size) with a double bed lower bunk bed with upper single bunk bed.
- 1 bathroom to service the 3 single bedroom, 1 double bed room and 1 bunk bed room (ie 8 people at full capacity).